Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Images for a Cure



Giving back is something I long to do more of. I am always thinking of ways to help people while doing what I love, but the truth of the matter is that I have not been able to find a lot of time to follow through on these ideas that I have. However when I heard about what Images for a Cure is doing, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to join in the cause. This past summer alone one of my friends lost her mom-in-law to breast cancer, and the Fat Cyclist whose tender, thoughtful, and hilarious blog I am addicted to, lost his beloved wife to cancer which began in her breast. And I am sure many of you out there have stories you could share with me. I am doing this for Courtney, Casey, Elden and for all of us.

Kristen Weaver, a phenomenal photographer in Florida, recently started Images for a Cure. She states on her website "On October 11, 2009, we will unite our talents to contribute one day of session fees in support of breast cancer research. 100% of all session fees collected on this date will be donated to The Breast Cancer Research Foundation®. We are hopeful, that with your support we will find a cure in our lifetime."

And that's where it stands. I have joined Images for a Cure as a participating photographer. Please help raise money to benefit The Breast Cancer Research Foundation® by participating in a photo session with me. 100% of session fees will be donated and as an added bonus all prints and products will be 50% off if you participate. Lastly, I know that financially it is not an easy time to donate money and/or time. But knowing that you have given back, given hope, and given money towards this devastating disease is worth the entire expense. x a million.

So if you are interested in a session (pretty please?!) or even just want to donate a little bit please do so by going here: Donate!. Sessions and donations need to happen on (*) October 11th. *I can schedule them on a different date as well since I will be working most of the 11th.

Sessions can be for families, kids, sisters, friends, couples - you name it!!! :)

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

xo,

Katie

No comments: