Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday Thoughts, #2 ~ Friday Edition


I can't believe it's Thursday (ummm...Katie, it's Friday now...) already, this week has flown by... In the midst of a very lousy, long-lasting cold it hasn't been the best week ever. Sorry VH1. But there are good things on the horizon still!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My sister-in-law is due with her third son any day now! Yay! I am going to have another nephew! I am very excited to meet this new addition to the family! Good luck with the birth Jen - I am thinking about you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last weekend I reconnected with yet another old friend. Courtney and I go way back - as far back as 15 years old I think. Despite the fact that we have been out of touch for at least 8 years (WOW, time flies) we were back to chatting like to old days. I had a super time with her and I am so glad we are back in touch. The best part about the whole visit was the way our kids got along together. Her eldest daughter and my eldest son, 5 and 7 respectively, immediately connected, and the moment Ashlyn mentioned Picachu (Pokemon), Jack was hooked. The two were like little peas in a pod chatting away about all of the important things in their lives. I loved watching them and can't wait to get them back together again! Thanks for the good times Courtney, and for refreshing my terrible, TERRIBLE memory! I can't wait until Vinopalooza! ;)

Here are some of the kids at Pumpkintown USA in East Hampton, CT:

Ashlyn:


Charlie: (Sorry buddy, I cut your ear off...)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am second shooting another wedding this coming weekend! Let's hope for warm weather and no rain!! Photos of the event to come!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have been really working on my website this week, I am getting really excited about it! It'll still be a couple of weeks until launch but once it's done, it'll be a huge weight off of my shoulders!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I CAN NOT WAIT until this election is over with. Not that I want to bring up politics or anything but I really dislike the negative energy that comes with politics and elections. Are you ready to vote?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am still working on my other posts - and I will get them up, eventually... Stay tuned - Grand Canyon, Maternity, Baby, Bother & Sister, and Charlie does Conan...I feel like a rerun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In closing, I must offer my most sincere condolences to the Moon family in PA. A loss like you have suffered must be one of the hardest kind. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you work through this very difficult time in your lives. I am so happy that you all had a chance to be together for one last time last weekend. May you be comforted by your sweet memories. Please know that my family and I are thinking of you all...xo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You may recall an early post on my blog about my Auntie Fran...she learned that she will be going through a very difficult and painful surgery on November 4th. If any of you out there pray, please add her to your list, she needs all the prayers she can get! Thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Off to tame the monkeys... xo, Katie

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Where are you located? Your photography is excellent and I'd love to get some pictures of me and my daughter to send to my husband (he's in Iraq for a year). Since he's never home, all I have are pictures of... her. Not us.