Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mindy and Tim: A Wedding - Log Cabin, Holyoke, Massachusetts

They say it's good luck when it rains on your wedding day. I'd like to believe that to be true because there was a noreaster the day of my wedding. IF the old saying IS true -- Mindy and Tim are going to have all the luck in the world!! Rain or not, their wedding day was still beautiful, and emotional, and heartfelt - full of family, love, and life! Enjoy!

Mindy got ready at her mom and dad's house full of great little antiques and country accents. I loved this little red chair.




The lovely and talented Mrs. Sarah Code-Croll of Growing Tree Photography shot this wedding with me! This photo is hers:


We ran outside quick while it was only sprinkling:


Then it got a little too wet so we ran back inside:






These next two are Sara's photos and I love them to pieces!




We made it to the church!


I always love this exchange! It chokes me up almost every time!


Yay! They did it!


Right after the ceremony we headed straight for the Log Cabin - but unfortunately did not arrive in time to catch any light whatsoever. So all of Mondy and Tim's portraits were done inside or in the dark. Thankfully I carry lots of little backup lighting scenarios just incase this ever happens. We made it work!

We started of inside and did some traditional formal portraits in front of the fireplace capturing exactly what we needed to but then we made our way back outside as there was a little break in the rain...










Then we went back in for one (maybe two) more shots:




And then we danced the night away! This photo makes me giggle every time I see it!












Scenes from an awesome reception:


This was my last photo of the night. Tim and his best bud:


Thanks Mindy and Tim! You and your families were so sweet and awesome to work with!!!

Be good to each other!

xoxo,

Katie

2 comments:

Erik Maziarz said...

great post Katie. way to rock the lighting!

carla ten eyck said...

sister Slater!! great shoot, especially given the whole no light situation!!

Great stuff as always!!

my fave was the back lit mums shot!