Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Waveny House Wedding: Whitney and Allen get hitched!

Hola! Finally a wedding post! After 30 weddings this season with only a handful of them posted, I feel like it is finally time for me to get posting my favorite images from each wedding. On the majority of the weddings I was assisting or second shooting so the blog post was not my first priority. If I am the lead shooter on a wedding I do my best to post images from the big day within a couple of weeks! Anywhoooo, onto the post...

For this lovely, extremely thoughfully detailed wedding I was the second photographer for Mike Romano who took the lead - the whole wedding was shot for the fabulous Carla Ten Eyck Photography. We were also featured on Style Me Pretty for this wedding!! Check it out here: Part I, Part II, and Part III!

Whitney got ready at the pretty, little Harbor House Inn in Greenwich which she chose because of it's vintage feel. All of the getting ready images you'll see were taken there.

Whitney's cute Nina shoes.


I love Whitney's vintage engagement ring. It is so beautiful!!


Notice the pink lace party dress on the end. It was from the 1950's and found a a vintage boutique in New York. Whitney specifically wanted a cute party dress to change into during the reception. Keep you eyes peeled for her dress change!








Yay! All ready! Could she be any cuter??










Heading to the ceremony!






In we go - at this point my heart is usually pounding through my chest. The excitement and anticipation as a bride walks down the aisle is certainly a very palpable emotion! I love it!








Why are we in a window? Well, it was one of the hottest, most humid days and to top it all off it was soaking wet outside because a monsoon had just moved through town! So Allen and Whitney opted to do a couple portraits inside!








We all made our way over to the Waveny House. Thankfully the sky decide to blue up for us!


Just a little taste of the gorgeous details...


There is a beautiful terrace outside at the Waveny House perfect for toasts:


and for dancing!




xo,

Katie

3 comments:

Robin Dini Photography said...

wow katie...that's all i can say. these area really beautiful. i want to say something about every single one of these images. the lighting the mood. The shot with the mona lisa in the back, the dresses hanging with the shoes, the shot in the window. MAN! This whole post just kicks so much ass! You have come a long way in your 2009 season. Really really beautiful work.

Beth said...

I love her dresses and all the vintage details. Terrific job with these photos!

Kim said...

Your photos should be in a magazine....just hang on...they will be in the future if you keep shooting like this!! I feel your passion in each picture!! They were blessed to have you for their special occasion!! I'm sure the couple will have tears in their eyes every time they look at the pics!! You are AWESOME!!