Friday, December 5, 2008

The Story of a Wedding

This post captures a tiny piece of the photographic story of the last wedding I shot this year. I served as second shooter to Andrea Walpurgis of Shades of Images (thank you Andrea!!), and it was only my third wedding. Ever. This was the wedding that cemented in my mind the fact that I DO want to shoot weddings for a living. But at this point I can only hope and dream that I will. So if you want to help me out by hiring me, or referring me -- I promise I'll love you forever and I'll work my tail off for you... and I sincerely mean it. From the bottom of my heart...

So without further ado, these guys were an absolute blast! They were happy, fun, excited, passionate, and creative - all the things I completely love about people. The wedding took place at Zukas Hilltop Barn in Spencer, Massachusetts - what a gorgeous place to get married!!! I posted a few images from their wedding at the end of October, but here are a few more... Enjoy!!!

Getting ready...


The details in Katie's dress were so beautiful...


Last minute touches...


Cutie pie flower girl...


Taking off after sealing the deal...




Love the excitement here...


First Dance...


Happy accident...


Katie and her dad danced to Guns N' Roses "Sweet Child"...




Helllloooo sassy...






And finally, their dogs are such a huge part of their lives that they included them in their wedding ceremony...


Kate & Jesse - I can only hope for your marriage to be as fun, beautiful, and passionate as your wedding was! It was wonderful to meet you both!

xo,

Katie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where I saw your site but I am enjoying coming by and looking. So much so that I have added you to my favorites. The pictures of the wedding are awesome. Great Job!

I have to say that I love all your pics.

Mary Marantz said...

that's so exciting Katie!!! that moment when you say out loud for the very first time what you want to do with the rest of your life...awesome!! i know you're going to do great things!

Mary Marantz said...

that's so exciting Katie!!! that moment when you say out loud for the very first time what you want to do with the rest of your life...awesome!! i know you're going to do great things!

Unknown said...

Katie,

Seriously only your third wedding? I LOVE #6 and #11 but they're all great. Looking forward to seeing more from you.